An adjustable bed may seem like a luxury, but it can also be an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. Adjustable bases can improve sleep, reduce everyday aches and pains, and generally enhance your quality of life.
What Are the Benefits of an Adjustable Bed?
There are many reasons to treat yourself to an adjustable bed. For example, it can:
- Alleviate snoring, asthma, and sleep apnea. Simply sleeping with your head raised and your body in an angled position can improve air flow. When oxygen circulates more easily, you enjoy a healthier, more restful sleep.
- Decrease pain. Chronic conditions like arthritis can make it difficult to fall asleep. With the ability to adjust your mattress, you can remove weight from tender areas of your body and lessen stiffness. Upon waking, you can also lower your feet and raise your head to make getting out of bed easier.
- Create a cozy environment for non-sleeping activities. Many people enjoy staying in bed to read, work, or watch television. Adjustable bases allow you to find the perfect position for comfort and efficiency.
- Increase co-sleeping quality. Some adjustable beds split so you can remain upright while your partner lies in complete repose. You both get the exact type of comfort you need.
- Enhance digestion. While you’re sleeping, your body works to process foods. A raised head can encourage healthy digestion, leaving you feeling refreshed and energetic in the morning.
- Reduce leg swelling. Pregnant women, people who are on their feet all day, and those living with different illnesses often wake up with puffy, painful legs. This swelling is a result of lying flat and liquids pooling in the extremities. Elevating your legs throughout the night can lessen the pain and inflammation and even prevent varicose veins.