Many of us know that having a quality mattress is extremely important when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. That is why it always pays off to invest your hard-earned money into a quality mattress right from the start. A new, high quality mattress might appear a little expensive at first, but when you consider the mattress’s durability and its ability to outlast the offering from the less expensive brand, that high quality mattress is poised to save you money in the long run.
Now, that's not to say there aren’t any well-priced AND high-quality mattresses on the market today. For instance, the super affordable and American made Taylor & Wells mattresses are sure to please your pocketbook while remaining extremely durable and comfortable.
Why should I purchase a mattress protector with my new bed?
The decision to purchase a new mattress is never taken lightly. Often these purchases can be quite large and sometimes, even in the same category as a new car or home appliance for some families. No sensible consumer would make one of these larger purchase without including something to properly protect their new high-ticket item.
You don’t buy a car without car insurance and many shoppers insist on warranties for their new appliances. When it comes to mattress shopping, however, the story isn’t always the same. A lot of people simply aren’t aware that there are certain steps you can take to help protect your new mattress for a much longer period of time. No one purchases a new car without insuring it first, so the same should go for your mattress.
What are the benefits of using a mattress protector?
A mattress protector is one of the easiest ways to insure your new mattresses for the long haul. Mattress protectors are much like a fitted sheet in the way they cover the mattress. Some protectors even offer full encasement, but they all go underneath the sheets and protect the mattress from spills and stains and even protect you from allergens. Don’t assume while mattress shopping that these are a needless accessory, being pushed as a potential upsell. Mattress protectors serve to protect your purchase and they really do work! Here are several reasons why you should try one:
- Protection Against Spills: We know the Coronavirus is still impacting our everyday lives. With more people working from home and even working on their bed, mattress protectors are an effective barrier against spills. With so many of us accustomed to taking Zoom calls right from the comfort of our beds, spills in the bed become much more likely. Ever lay in bed while drinking a glass of wine, or another favorite beverage? Well, with a mattress protector you will never have to worry about spills destroying your mattress and the mattress protector can stop the liquid from soaking into the mattress.
- Keeps the Mattress Cleaner: Aside from accidental spills in bed, human bodies are a little less than sanitary at times. At night, we are constantly sloughing off dead skin cells, sweating, and are also known to have more than 10,000 different species of organisms living on our bodies at the same time--yuck! Although normal sheets offer minimal help keeping some of this from seeping into the mattress, a lot of this yucky stuff still finds its way inside the mattress--including microscope mites and dead skin cells. A mattress encasement or a protector is needed when it comes to keeping your mattress clean. Without a protector, it's much harder to clean & disinfect.
- Protects Against Night-time Accidents: If you have young children who are in the potty-training phase or have night-time accidents, a mattress protector is just what you need! Mattress protectors or full encasements are great when it comes to small children and their beds. Sometimes there is no avoiding an accident, but you can save your investment by using a mattress protector. They not only keep the mattress clean, but they will help keep it dry as well so that your little one can avoid going back to bed on a wet mattress. They are also great for aging adults or people who experience any sort of incontinence.
- Hypo-Allergenic: Not only do things like body sweat, face mites, and dead skin cells find their way inside our mattresses, but so do things like dust and dust mites. Dust mites feed on dead skin cells, so they love getting inside of an unprotected mattress. This can cause a whole host of issues, including allergy flare ups which can lead to coughing, runny nose, sneezing, and shortness of breath. Not only are mattress protectors great for people with allergies, but also for those of us who are a little creeped out by bugs living inside our mattresses! They also help protect against bed bugs, which are invasive, difficult to get rid of, and harmful to humans.
- Helps Protect Your Mattress Warranty: Most mattress companies offer a warranty along with the manufacturer’s warranty. However, there are certain situations where the warranty is voided, in cases like the mattress having an apparent spill or stain. Buying a mattress protector not only protects the mattress, but the warranty as well. This helps ensure that you can use the warranty if something else goes wrong.
These are just a few reasons why mattress protectors work. If you are going to invest money in a new mattress, you need to purchase a mattress protector to keep it lasting fresher for longer. This adds years to the life of your mattress, saving you money in the long run. It's like we said earlier, you wouldn’t drive a brand-new car off the lot without making sure you had a little insurance, right?
Well, it's time we start protecting our mattresses, too! After all, your bed is what keeps you feeling rested and ready to tackle whatever the day brings you. Let our family at The Bedding Mart help you start protecting your mattress today!