For some people, it can be difficult to not get a little bummed out when summer comes to an end, especially for those who suffer from the winter time blues. Thankfully, though, there are many things we can look forward to during the fall and winter that are sure to give us some joy and pleasure - hot cocoa, everything pumpkin spice, kids are back in school, fall colors, and, of course the many holidays we celebrate during this upcoming time. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the warming holiday season of Christmas in December, are all great examples of what we look forward to during these fall and winter months, even though for the majority of us the weather is not always so pleasant.
Another great example of why we love the fall and winter seasons is because of the holiday shopping season that comes along with it. For many people, there are some household items that they might want to put off buying until there comes a time where they are cheaper. Well, fall and winter happen to be perfect for just that! The things that most people like to put off buying, are those bigger ticket items like new appliances, a new car, electronics, or even a brand new mattress. If you happen to be one of those people who are looking to buy a new mattress, but also want to know what time of year is best, then keep reading to find out!
In general, any holiday weekend is a great time to buy a new mattress online or in store, but here are some of the best times to buy a new mattress:
- Columbus Day- Columbus Day is often celebrated in the second week of October. This holiday marks the midpoint between Labor Day and Black Friday, so a lot of companies like to use it as a way to offer discounts to their customers around the month of October.
- Veterans Day- The majority of mattress companies have store-wide sales on Veterans Day, which is in November on the 11th each year. This is a great time for them to get rid of excess stock before the holidays.
- Thanksgiving Weekend- Thanksgiving weekend is a great time to buy a new mattress as you are sure to get a great deal and have it home just in time for the end of year holiday season.
- Black Friday- The day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday, is another great opportunity to buy a new mattress, but you may want to expect a great deal of traffic as this is known to be one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
- Cyber Monday- If rushing to a brick and mortar store on Black Friday doesn't sound like a good idea, then there are also many deals to be had on Cyber Monday, which is the Monday right after Black Friday. This is the online industry's answer to Black Friday where you can comfortably shop for a new mattress while in the comfort of your own home.
- December Sales- A lot of mattress companies will have holiday sales in the month of December. Regardless of what specific holiday you chose to celebrate, if any at all, you are sure to find a great deal at one of these holiday sales!
- New Year’s Day- After the holiday season rush, many mattress retailers will also have a New Year’s Day sale. These companies know that people want a fresh start at the beginning of a new year, so what better way to start the year out right than on a brand new mattress?
- President’s Day- This holiday is often one the first major sales of the year for mattress companies. President’s Day always falls on the third Monday in February, making this another great time to buy a new mattress.
- Memorial Day- Memorial Day is another holiday weekend where you are sure to get some great deals on a new bed. This holiday falls in the month of May every year and many experts suggest this month might be the best time to combine savings, as most mattress manufacturers release their new models in the month of June, so retailers are likely to want to clear out inventory to make way for the new arrivals.
- Fourth of July- The Fourth of July, or Independence Day, is another holiday that brings about loads of sales, which also includes major sales on brand new mattresses. If you are looking to buy in the summer months, be sure to keep an eye out in the beginning of July for these great discounts!
- Back to School Sales- Although you may not initially think of a new mattress as a back to school essential, it is a great way to help ensure a successful year for both you and your children. Back to school sales are great for getting a new mattress!
- Labor Day- Rounding off the year of popular holiday sales is Labor Day. This popular holiday is another huge holiday in the mattress industry. Happening every first Monday in September, Labor Day is a great time to get some awesome deals on new beds and mattresses.
These are all great opportunities to buy a new mattress at a great discount. If you are looking to buy a new mattress, it is always best to check with your local store about any sales, promotions, or discounts they might be offering as some may celebrate certain holidays where others do not.
The Bedding Mart is a family-owned company who knows the value of a hard earned dollar and money well spent. We are always looking for new to bring discounts to our customers and we offer a wide range of sales on our top-quality mattress brands and bedding products. If you ever have any questions, or are unsure which mattress may be right for you, please do not hesitate to call us or stop in at any one of our 9 locations across Arkansas, Texas, and Missouri. We also have a great online selection of mattresses that we are more than happy to help you choose from.